HA LONG DISCOVERY MARATHON REGULATIONS
1.CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
- Participants must be able to complete the track within the fixed time for the following distances:
- 21 km – 3 hours after the last wave
- 10 km – 2 hours after the last wave
- 5 KM – 1 hour after the last wave
- All runners who do not reach 18 years of age during the year of the race must be certified by their sponsor or parent. The sponsor or parent must sign a waiver before the race takes place. The organizers have the right to refuse runners who have not completed the confirmation form signed by their sponsor or parent.
- Each participant must sign a waiver before joining the race, which is part of the registration process.
- Tickets and attached items are not refundable in any case.
- BIB is reserved for each runner and cannot be changed.
- The purchasing and / or transferring of ticket or BIB without confirmation of the organization committee is strictly prohibited. All results will not be recognized if runner is found running with wrong registered name, bib or personal information.
- Cancellation, Transfer, and Change
- After completing the registration, registration fee will not be refunded if runner is unable to attend the “Ha Long Discovery Marathon” event for any reason.
- Participants can change distances and / or transfer to others. Runners should send an email to email@example.com with the corresponding change fee before March 5, 2019
- All athletes must receive Race Kit including BIB – identification number, timing device, and other equipment from The Organization Committee. Details of the time, place and items are posted on the official website of the event. In case an athlete cannot come to pick up the Race Kit directly, they can ask another person to go to get the race kit (please check the official website of the event for detailed instructions).
- Participants must provide an ID card (or similar documents) and confirmation email (either in electronic format, or hard copy) when receiving the race-kit to authenticate their registration and obtain the corresponding BIB number.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring the timing device is attached to the bib number worn correctly during the race.
- Athletes will not receive any race-kit after the specified time. The Organization Committee does not deal with cases of receiving race-kit after the specified time and is not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the athlete in any way. To ensure fairness, The Organization Committee will not extend the race-kit distribution time or ensure all athletes will receive race-kit. Items not received during this time will be handled by The Organization Committee.
3. PRINCIPLES OF PARTICIPATION IN THE RACE
- Runners must follow the directions from the Organization Committee, including race staff, volunteers, health care staff, and security forces during the event.
- During the event, all runners need to behave professionally and politely. For example: only go to the toilet at the prescribed place, do not litter on the track, do not take anything that doesn’t belong to you, etc. Anyone who violates this code of conduct will be expelled from the event and forced to leave the race immediately.
- Runners must wear the BIB in front. Runners without BIB will be taken off the track by security force or race supervisors.
- Pets, bicycles, skates, trolleys, roller fitting shoes or other wheeled items are not allowed to be used or carried on the track except for official vehicles or ambulances from the Organization Committee
- The organizers have the right to use images, videos, or other forms of recording (including recording images of runners at the event) for the purpose of promoting the event (including in subsequent years). Participants have agreed to confirm this clause in the waiver.
- The organizers have the right to restrict or deny anyone participating in this event.
- In case of force majeure (natural disasters, fires, political event, etc.), the organization committee reserves the right to cancel any distance/race.
- The organizers will not be liable for any disputes arising from the participants’ incorrect registration information.
- All athletes are responsible for knowing the start time of the race and their own start time. All athletes must be on time to get all needed instructions and participate in the race.
- All runners must stand behind the Start line before starting any corresponding distance.
- Any participant who does not follow the guidance of a race event officer or referee, or displays non-sportsmanlike behavior, takes offensive actions or statements toward an event officer, volunteer, other runners or spectators, may be disqualified or even banned from future events at the discretion of the race manager.
- After leaving the track, participants will not be allowed to return to the track for the purpose of going to a spot on the track or supporting other athletes.
- Any participant who is discovered by a race judge, event worker or supervisor to have cheated by any way will be disqualified from the event.
- Participants that get any support from anyone run the risk of being excluded from the event. “Support” includes providing information or assistance directly or indirectly to athletes in any way, including communication equipment.
- Any person participating in the event without the event’s official BIB or using a timing chip other than their own, will be disqualified from this and future events.
- The BIB is the property of the organization committee. The organization committee can take back the BIB in case runner has not completed the race at the cut-off time but still wants to continue, or violates the rules of the race.
- Medical support during the event by the event health care staff is not considered as “illegal support” and the results will remain valid if the participant can continue their performance.
- Participants are responsible for learning about instructions and signs related to maps, locations, and directions.
- Medical staff appointed by the Organization Committee can check any runner who shows signs of weakness. In case the event health care staff decides that the runner should not continue the race, the Organizer has the right to ask the runner to leave the race route immediately.
- Participants must stop running if requested by race staff, volunteers, health care staff, or security forces (including firefighters and police officers) during the event.
- Participants are responsible and obliged to pay for all and any medical fees incurred due to training and / or event participation, including ambulance vehicles, hospital stays, doctors, pharmaceuticals and services.
- Event organizers have the right to postpone, cancel or reschedule the race in case of extreme weather condition.
- Athletes need to contact the emergency number on the BIB if they face problems on the route and need to get back to the nearest water station for assistance in case they want to stop running. The Organization Committee does not guarantee complete support for runners who are not at water stations and Expo area.
5. PERFORMANCE RESULTS
- All athletes will be given a time-measuring device (chip) before the event, which is attached to bib.
- Athletes must wear bibs with chips only from the Organization Committee, from the starting line to the finish line for accurate results. The timing device is attached to bib numbers.
- Athletes will not be recognized as Finishers if their completion time exceeds the cut-off time.
- Athletes found to wear more than 1 chip during the competition period will be disqualified, and their results will not be recognized.
- Runners who get missed on the track or who have unusual time information at the timing check-point will be monitored and may be disqualified.
- All achievements will be reviewed carefully before official announcement. Athletes can check unofficial results according to guidelines of the Organization Committee.
- Athletes are required to start at most 3 minutes later than the official Start time of the Organization Committee.
- If any runner violates any condition of the PRINCIPLES OF PARTICIPATION IN THE RACE, their results will not be recognized.
- Official results and awards will be reviewed and officially announced before awarding.
- The organizers have the right to change the winner if all factors show that the athlete is qualified to win.
- All prizes shall be distributed at the event; they will not be kept or sent.
- The prize must be granted according to the regulations of the Organizing Committee. The prize is not transferable or convertible to cash. Athletes receive prizes in accordance with the rules and regulations as well as the terms and conditions of the Organizer.
- All complaint against winners or results must be made during the event.
- Runners are solely responsible for paying any taxes related to receiving prizes.
7. BAG DROP
- The Organization Committee will not be responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in Bag drop area. The Organizer reserves the right to inspect bags and personal belongings stored in Bag drop area for safety reasons.
- The Organization Committee does not take high-value items such as wallets, phones, laptops, etc. in bagdrop area, and runners need to commit that there are no high-value items or banned substances in the bag before leaving it at the Bag drop area.
- Any individual who disagrees with any clause of the above provisions must submit a request 10 days before the event starts and must state the reason for the request, then receive an exception handling response from The Organization Committee.
- The Organization Committee have the right to change, supplement, or abolish all or part of the event rules based on the actual situation.
- Participants will be bound by regulatory changes or additions prior to the event.
- Failure to comply with the rules of the event, including changes, will result in cancellation of performance results and prizes.